Windows Authentication and 401

Andrew Brook

Hi everyone,

I've developed a web based tool which requires windows authentication.
Accessing the tool after opening a browser is fine, but when left idle for
10 minutes or so, when i go back to the browser i'm asked for authentication
again and my username and password no longer work. I have to open a new
browser before it works again, or visit another site first and then go back
to the tool.

Has anyone else seen behaviour like this? I'd understand if it was just a
matter of the connection or authentication timing out, but when it doesn't
let me authenticate again afterwards that seems a little strange.

any thoughts/ideas appreciated,
Andrew