    possible how can it be done?
    Thanks,
    Shimon

    Shimon Sim, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Basically you need to do the following

    1. Use Basic Authentication in IIS.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/technologie
    s/iis/maintain/featusability/authmeth.mspx

    2. Configure your ASP.NET application to Impersonate by setting the
    <identity impersonate="true"/> (check the exact syntax and use Windows
    authtication in web.config
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide
    /html/cpconaspnetimpersonation.asp

    3. Then use Context.User.Identity.Name to get the domain name and User
    ID

    If you are talking to Active Directory then you might want to refer to
    this
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Context.User.Identity.Name&hl=en&lr=&i
    e=UTF-8&selm=0c9601c31c16%248d628c50%24a001280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=1

    Trevor Benedict R
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Trevor Benedict R, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Shimon Sim