Windows Authentication - Getting Client Info

Bari Allen

I have a very simple ASP.NET page, to test windows authentication. Here's
the dilemma:

System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent
returns
MyWebServerName\IUSR_ ...

when what I want is the CLIENT's:
WindowsDomain\WindowsLogin

How do I retrieve the client info, so I can use it for impersonation? Thank
you in advance.

Bari

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Bari,

this looks like you are

a) already impersonating (look in web.config for <identity impersonate="true"
/>)
b) have anonymous authentication enabled

Bari Allen

Thanks for your quick reply Dominick,

Yes, I do have
<identity impersonate="true"/>

I also have
<authentication mode="Windows" />

so shouldn't it be looking to the client rather than grabbing an anonymous
setting of some type?

How do I check for "anonymous" authentication? And how/what should it be if
that's the setting. Please forgive my ignorance, here, as security is a
whole new topic for me.

Salah Mrad

Can you help me?
I have the same problem, and i couldn't solve it, so if you got the solution
would you please put it in your reply?

it is very very important....
Thanks in advance.