Windows authentication in classic ASP

Nuno Filipe

How can I simulate the usage of web.config in classic asp ?

Can any one help with this ?

thanks in advance,

Nuno

Chris Jackson

What do you want to simulate? Windows authentication? You do that using IIS
itself. You don't get all of the rich authentication features of ASP.NET
without rolling your own. My question is, why simulate? Just use ASP.NET...

Nuno Filipe

Chris Jackson said:
What do you want to simulate? Windows authentication? You do that using IIS
itself. You don't get all of the rich authentication features of ASP.NET
without rolling your own. My question is, why simulate? Just use ASP.NET...

I want to grant / deny access to diferent users on several directories of
the application and my ideia was to put a web.config in each directory with
the users configuration.
It's a very large and complex application, that's why I don't port it to
ASP.NET.

How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance,

Nuno

Chris Jackson

Well, you don't get web.config for ASP classic, but you can achieve the same
result directly through the file system - selectively give access to the
directory to the users or groups you need using NTFS ACLs.