Windows Authentication Logout

Rahul

Hello All,

I'm sure many people must have encountered this problem, but I want to
implement the functionality when a user clicks a button and "logs out"
so that the next time he attempts to access website, he will be
greeted with the authentication dialog box.

Is there any way to fulfill my wish? (Sharepoint seems to be popping
such screens whenever it wants).

Just for the background, I'm using ASP.NET 2 + C# on IIS 6 with
Windows Authentication, SQL server session state.

I also need my site to be 508 compliant thus essentially minimizing
the use of almost everything that might come even close to being
fancy :) But this is such an annoying problem that I'll take anything
as a solution.

So... any clues?

Thanks in advance for any sort of help.

bruce barker

with windows authentication, the browsers is asked for credentials on
every page request. the browser send them automatically, also with ntlm,
it send once without asking the user.

if you want to force the dialog box, just respond with status 401. the
trick will be to remember you did this so that the next time its ok.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)