    to be able to find out the manager of that person. Also, if it's a manager,
    I need to be able to get a list of anyone who is under that manager.

    Is this possible (and how)?

    Elmo Watson, May 7, 2007

  2. Elmo Watson

    David Guest

    This might give you a pointer, but having never done itmyself, I don't
    know... however, look at Active Directory. There is a lot of information can
    be stored in active directory. However, if you must go for Windows, then you
    need to build your own tree in a database of some sort.

    Hope it is of use...

    --
    Best regards,
    Dave Colliver.

    David, May 7, 2007

  3. On May 7, 4:02 pm, "Elmo Watson" <> wrote:
    > Is this possible (and how)?

    Contact your system administrator regarding this matter. In general,
    each employee belongs to a single department. If manager has any
    special property (for example, memberOf=Management, or a title saying
    "Manager blabla", etc.) you can find such user using that property and
    department name...

    Alexey Smirnov, May 7, 2007
  4. Elmo Watson

    Elmo Watson Guest

    Can you point me to some ASP.Net Active Directory tutorials in this area?

    Elmo Watson, May 7, 2007
  5. Look at the manager and directReports AD attributes, if AD being used for
    org. hierarchy.

    There are many tutorials on using AD from ASP.NET. One is here:
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020730.htm

    =?Utf-8?B?U2l2YSBN?=, May 7, 2007
  6. Elmo Watson

    David Guest

    This might get you started. I don't have any specific information. Certainly
    not the type of information that you are looking for.

    DataSet DS = new DataSet();

    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry entryPC = new
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry();

    DataTable UserList = new DataTable();
    DataTable GroupList = new DataTable();
    UserList.MinimumCapacity = 10;
    UserList.CaseSensitive = false;
    GroupList.MinimumCapacity = 10;
    GroupList.CaseSensitive = false;

    UserList.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Name",
    System.Type.GetType("System.String")));
    GroupList.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Name",
    System.Type.GetType("System.String")));

    foreach(System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry child in
    entryPC.Children)
    {
    DataRow userRow;

    switch (child.SchemaClassName)