Windows authentication times out (?)

Lars-Erik

Hi!

Short prob. description: Windows auth popup is triggered now and then when
using a site, not only the first time.

I've recently introduced windows authentication to an asp.net site
previously using only forms auth. The way I did it was to change from Forms
to Windows in web.config, but still using the forms cookie. I trap the
authentication attempt in Application_AuthorizeRequest, get the windows user
name from HttpContext.Current.User, then get some info from a db, put that in
a FormsAuthenticationTicket and let FormsAuth create a cookie etc.
The cookie is sliding, and I do RenewTicketIfOld so it shouldn't time out.

Still, something in production makes users have to re-authenticate after a
short time when idling, possibly also when not. (5-10-20 mins)
I haven't had the chance to test this thoroughly, but it does not seem to
have anything to do with the session timeout which I've set to one hour.

The server is on the same domain as the domain controller, but the windows
auth popup comes up (I've turned on win auth in IIS) anyway, and it pops up
not only the first time (which we want), but regularly like described after
that.

Anyone know what I can do to make the server remember the windows user, or
is there some other component somewhere I should do something to? :p