windows authentication (webservice security)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Marco, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Marco

    Marco Guest

    I'm using a lan with domain server under win200, and, in the same network,
    but in an other machine, i've installed a webservice.
    This second server is under win2003.

    I need to allow access to the webservice ONLY for authenticated user (user
    in the main domain), i've configureted the file web.config, but the server
    doesn't recognize the user as connected into the domain, and so it doesn't
    grant access to the webservice to anyone.
    I suppose the problem is due to the windows authentication, in fact if i try
    to open the .asmx page from the browser, it asks userid and password,
    instead of using windows integreted authentication.
    The service I need is for use only in the private lan and it should be
    launched by an executable in local machines (not with browser)

    Does anyone can help me??

    Thanks

    Marco

    PS. Sorry for my english!!!!
    Marco, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Hello Marco,

    You need to set the Default credentials to the web service proxy.
    something like...

    proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net