windows Authentication - windows login screen

raagz

Hi,

I am developing an intranet portal and i have used Windows Authentication.
The application is hosted on a windows 2003 server with .NET Framework 1.1.
I have set the session timeout to 20 minutes in the web.config.
The application is a reporting tool and at times there are some long running
queries which may take 5-6 minutes to run .
when my application(site) is accessed by users, few users are getting the
windows authentication Login screen while they are running these long
running queries (but this happens on random basis and not every time). but i
dont get any such windows login screen no matter how long the query takes to
execute.

The Web application is hosted on a different domain while the users are in a
different domain. While I as a developer access the site from the same domain
where the application is hosted.

please suggest.

Regards
Raagz