windows Authentication - windows login screen

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by raagz, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. raagz

    raagz Guest

    Hi,

    I am developing an intranet portal and i have used Windows Authentication.
    The application is hosted on a windows 2003 server with .NET Framework 1.1.
    I have set the session timeout to 20 minutes in the web.config.
    The application is a reporting tool and at times there are some long running
    queries which may take 5-6 minutes to run .
    when my application(site) is accessed by users, few users are getting the
    windows authentication Login screen while they are running these long
    running queries (but this happens on random basis and not every time). but i
    dont get any such windows login screen no matter how long the query takes to
    execute.

    The Web application is hosted on a different domain while the users are in a
    different domain. While I as a developer access the site from the same domain
    where the application is hosted.

    please suggest.

    Regards
    Raagz