windows authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul, Jan 14, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi,

    I am new in ASP.NET and would like to know how to do
    Windows authentication.

    I read somewhere in MSDN about windows authentication in
    ASP.NET by doing the following:
    1. In web.config, set <authentication mode="Windows">
    2. In IIS directory security tab for my virtual
    directory, I did check only integrated windows
    authentication.
    3. In the folder where my index.aspx is, I give
    permission for certain folks.

    What I'd like to do is whenever a user request
    index.aspx, index.aspx will print "Hello, \\DOMAIN\USER"
    if the user is a valid user in my domain or will
    print "Sorry, \\DOMAIN\USER is not authorized to access
    this page."

    Please advice, thanks!
    -Paul
    Paul, Jan 14, 2004