    anyone know how to do this????

    Any help would be appreciated!!!
    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4gWk0=?=, Jun 4, 2005

  2. I haven't seen the presentation you saw, but...
    You can check the CLR version with this property:
    Request.Browser.ClrVersion.Major

    You can embed a windows forms control in an ASP.NET form with HTML like
    this:

    <OBJECT id="MyControl1" height="20" width="192"

    classid="http:MyCustom.dll#MyNamespace.MyClassName">

    <PARAM NAME="Backcolor" VALUE="blue">

    You have an unsupported browser.

    </OBJECT>

    Here's more info:

    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/winforms/doc/WinFormsIeSourcing.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4gWk0=?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    the simple method is to test the agent string (or browsercaps) for .net
    support. then render the page different. i belive this will fail if the user
    turns active/x support off on the browser. the safe method, is to write a
    sniffer page that detects .net supported by creating a small control, and
    returning the success to the server.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jun 4, 2005