Windows function call from aspx code behind?

Guest

Hi,

is it possible to call a Windows function from VB code behind an aspx page? Shell seems not to work??

Task: I want to execute an SQL script for SQL Server and want to avoid to be forced to write a very complicated stored procedure (with all the dynamic SQL problems and ....), as I have a (generated) script, that is working quite fine.

Thanks for help in advance

Regards

Hartmut

Chris Jackson

You can call whatever you want in your code behind, but keep in mind that
everything you call is going to be happening on the server, and not on the
client. If you want to run a script, just set up a SqlCommand object with
the text of the generated script that you want, and then execute it.