Windows gzip problem

John Earls

Hello,

I am having a problem with gzip. The code worked fine under linux but
when I moved it over to windows it is getting stuck unzipping a gz
file.

-- snippet --

fileObj = gzip.GzipFile(iceGetter.file.localFileName, 'rb')
uncompressedFileName = iceGetter.file.localFileName[:-3]
output = open(uncompressedFileName, 'wb')
output.write(fileObj.read())
output.close()
fileObj.close()

-- snippet --

typing "python autoIce.py" gets this error:
--error--
Traceback(most recent call last):
File "runAuto.py", line 17 in ?
output.write(fileObj.read())
File "C:\Python24\lib\gzip.py". line 217 in read
self._read(readsize)
File "C:\Python24\lib\gzip.py", line 276 in _read
uncompress.decompress.decompress(buf)
Memory Error

--end error--
I tried playing around with the wb/rb when writing and unzipping, like
this post [http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/
browse_thread/thread/96651e3cd2dc6070/e94ae3b22fc78a1b?lnk=gst&q=gzip
+windows#e94ae3b22fc78a1b] suggested and that did not seem to change
anything.

I would really appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks

John

Gabriel Genellina

[...]

Is the uncompressed file big? Instead of output.write(fileObj.read())
--that reads the whole contents in memory-- try
shutil.copyfileobj(fileObj, output)

John Earls

En Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:09:30 -0200, John Earls <[email protected]>
escribió:

[...]

That worked perfectly.

Thank you so much.