    7777 Guest

    Hello, can Windows domain Group Policies be utilized/pushed when using
    ASP.NET Impersonation/Delegation? Thanks in advance.
    7777, Dec 3, 2009

  2. 7777

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    I believe Citrix has a login integration system using constrained delegation
    that ends up supporting GPO and such for the remote desktop you end up
    logging in to. Normally in a network login, GPO is not processed though. So,
    it may depend on what you are trying to do or what your exact scenario is.

    http://www.directoryprogramming.net

    Joe Kaplan, Dec 3, 2009

  3. 7777

    7777 Guest

    Scenario would be IIS 6.0 serving up WCF ASP.NET app to SQL Server and was
    wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
    authentication would be able to utilize domain policies? Thanks Joe,
    appreciate your info.

    7777, Dec 4, 2009
  4. 7777

    7777 Guest

    I'm not sure if my reply went through but just still pondering...

    ....scenario would be WCF ASP.NET app on an IIS 6.0 which a user logs in from
    their client (all within one domain) enters data, which then the .net app
    (same domain) sends it to SQL Server on a different machine (same domain)
    and was wondering if configuring and using Impersonation/Delegation windows
    authentication would be able to utilize domain login policies? Thanks Joe,
    appreciate your info.

    7777, Dec 4, 2009
  5. 7777

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    No, not for that. However, what policies would you be looking to use? The
    user's account policy will still be enforced in that they won't be able to
    authenticate if they are locked our or expired or something. GPO won't
    process in this use case though.

    So, it depends more specifically on what you are expecting to have happen at
    SQL server.

    Joe Kaplan, Dec 4, 2009