    possibly be added. The tool has only been tested on jdk 1.4.2 and
    above. I look forward to reading about your feedback.

    http://code.google.com/p/wireservice/downloads/list

    rdaly, May 15, 2007

  2. rdaly

    Joe Attardi Guest

    rdaly wrote:
    > I have been working on this tool in my spare time and I am looking
    > for peoples' opinions on ease of use and new features that could
    > possibly be added. The tool has only been tested on jdk 1.4.2 and
    > above. I look forward to reading about your feedback.

    I downloaded the jar file, but when I try to run it I get:

    WireServiceConfig.isConfigured(): true
    WireServiceURLConnection.run() Users is broken...
    java.net.UnknownHostException: Users

    Joe Attardi, May 15, 2007

  3. rdaly wrote:
    ..
    >..I look forward to reading about your feedback.

    >http://code.google.com/p/wireservice/downloads/list

    Interesting choice to put the source inside the jar file
    without mentioning it. Is that something peculiar to
    Google launches?

    I note both that is marked as 'Windows compatible',
    and the other comment that it crashed on linux. Then
    a bit of poking about in your XML file revealed some
    quite disturbingly hard coded path references to IE on 'C'
    drive. Sheesh what is this? Not just Windows specific,
    but even 'IE off C drive only'?

    Is the app. as locked in to Windows and IE as I am
    beginning to suspect?

    In any case, I loaded the app. and saw messages
    scrolling across the bottom of the screen, but was
    more interested in trying to tie it into the RSS feeds
    from the Sun developer forums.

    As a result of that, I went into 'Options' (or something)
    that seemed related, but it the process of looking into
    the definitions for the currently defined feeds, I managed
    to get the 'edit' screen to lock up, and could not figure
    how to clear it (closing and reopening it had no effect).

    In my test - it failed the 'What the heck do I try next?'
    test (I could not think of anything - off the top of my
    head), and I closed it.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, May 15, 2007
  4. rdaly

    rdaly Guest

    On May 14, 11:26 pm, Joe Attardi <> wrote:
    > rdaly wrote:
    > > I have been working on this tool in my spare time and I am looking
    > > for peoples' opinions on ease of use and new features that could
    > > possibly be added. The tool has only been tested on jdk 1.4.2 and
    > > above. I look forward to reading about your feedback.

    > I downloaded the jar file, but when I try to run it I get:
    >
    > WireServiceConfig.isConfigured(): true
    > WireServiceURLConnection.run() Users is broken...
    > java.net.UnknownHostException: Users

    Joe,

    I am curious to know what OS you tried running the tool on. Presently,
    I have only tested it on Windows environments.

    Thanks!

    rdaly, May 15, 2007
  5. rdaly

    Joe Attardi Guest

    rdaly wrote:
    > I am curious to know what OS you tried running the tool on. Presently,
    > I have only tested it on Windows environments.

    I ran it on Mac OS X 10.4. I know you said it was a Windows client, but
    I wasn't sure if it was cross-platform anyway (since it is written in Java).

    Joe Attardi, May 15, 2007
  6. rdaly

    rdaly Guest

    On May 15, 11:14 am, Joe Attardi <> wrote:
    > rdaly wrote:
    > > I am curious to know what OS you tried running the tool on. Presently,
    > > I have only tested it on Windows environments.

    > I ran it on Mac OS X 10.4. I know you said it was a Windows client, but
    > I wasn't sure if it was cross-platform anyway (since it is written in Java).

    At the moment, I only have access to Windows environments. I would
    love to make it work on all platforms at some point. Do you have a
    windows machine you could try it on for now?

    rdaly, May 15, 2007