windows / java code wrapped in dll / debug

Discussion in 'Java' started by Maciek Zywno, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. Maciek Zywno

    Maciek Zywno Guest

    Hi all,

    Asp/VB application deployed on IIS uses a java class that is inside a
    dll file by means of:

    CreateObject("MyClass.Bean")

    (java bean wrapped to dll by means of axbridge
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/beans/axbridge/developerguide/index.html).

    Java 1.5 is used. I would like to debug the java code. However jvm is
    started somehow "internally" by windows com objects support tools and I
    do not know how to make jvm expose information to debug clients. Do they
    use any windows registry settings or environmental vars that I could
    modify? Any other tip of how to approach the problem.

    (I found the following link
    http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-1999/jw-06-plugin_p.html which
    explains somehow use of registry vars but it is very old and does not
    work for me. )

    Thanks for any hints
    Regards

    Maciek