Windows logon dialog appears even though authentication mode is set to None?!?

Joergen Bech

(trying again with a shorter message - hope anyone has any ideas)...

Trying to get my aspx application to run on a remote server beyond
my control (except ftp access).

First time I access an aspx page, I get a Windows logon dialog.
If I click cancel, I get an "access denied" error when the app tries
to access a file located in the same folder as the aspx page, but if I
then press F5, everything works fine.

My web.config below.

How can I change my app or web.config so the first-time
Windows logon dialog disappears?

TIA,

Joergen Bech

---snip---

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

<system.web>

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="GET"
path="FtbWebResource.axd"
type="FreeTextBoxControls.AssemblyResourceHandler,
FreeTextBox" />
</httpHandlers>

<compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

<customErrors mode="Off" />

<authentication mode="None" />
<identity impersonate="true" />

<authorization>
<allow users="*" />
</authorization>

<trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false"
traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data
source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"
/>

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

</system.web>

</configuration>

Ru

Check the properties of the virtual directory's properties, "Directory
Security" tab, Edit "Anonymous Access and Authentication control" and check
the "anonymous Access" and uncheck all others and see if it helps or not.

Joergen Bech

Well, that is the problem: As I mentioned, the server is beyond my
control, but seeing that everything works after dismissing the first
Winlogon box and pressing F5, I was hoping I could solve the
problem by changing a setting in the web.config file.

"Beyond my control" means one of those cheap web hotels that offer
space and a limited number of services/components, but little/no
technical/developer support.

/JB