Windows NT and java 1.4.2 file chooser problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Szymon Madejczyk, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'm using Windows NT 4.0
    Recently I switched to using java 1.4.2.
    Everything worked ok till yesterday. When I lauch file chooser it does
    not show dll files. No mater if I use any file filter or not I can see
    all files except dlls.
    I tried with java 1.4.2 and 1.4.2_01 but it's still the same.
    I thougt that it might be problem with my tool but below code does not
    work either.
    When I use java 1.4.1 it works ok.

    import javax.swing.*;

    public class filechoosertest
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    JFileChooser chooser = new JFileChooser();
    chooser.showOpenDialog(null);

    Do you know what might be a problem.

    Thanks,
    Best Regards,

    Szymon Madejczyk

    Szymon Madejczyk, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Szymon Madejczyk

    winbatch Guest

    I have no clue, but thought I would take a wild guess -
    Do you have NT 'hiding files with known extensions' ? If so, maybe 1.4.2
    respects that hiding while 1.4.1 does not?

    winbatch, Sep 11, 2003

  3. If I see dlls in Explorer why should Java hide them in file chooser ?

    Szymek

    Szymon Madejczyk, Sep 15, 2003