windows.open in aspx page

archana

Hi all,

I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
method of javascript.

Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.

One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
calener control IE open new page with error and
'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
displayed in address bar.

I don' know why this is happenin.

can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems

thanks in advance.

Guest

Hi all,

I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
method of javascript.

Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.

One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
calener control IE open new page with error and
'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
displayed in address bar.

I don' know why this is happenin.

can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems

thanks in advance.

It's hard to say without seeing a code.

Take a look the following article, it describe the calendar in
window.showModalDialog
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Calendar.asp

Hope this helps

MG

what you can do is right a javascript function in the parent page .

use the ' window.opener.functionname(var datestring ) ' to invoke the
parent page function from popup of calendar.

the parent page function would assign the value of the variable to the
textbox control.

hope this helps you
murtaza.

Masudur

Hi all,

I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
method of javascript.

Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.

One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
calener control IE open new page with error and
'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
displayed in address bar.

I don' know why this is happenin.

can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems

thanks in advance.

Hi,

Okay to stop opening new window... from modal dialog... you got to set
basetarget to self............ in you page's head meta

<base target="_self" />

Thanks
Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
kaz Software Ltd.