windows.open in aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by archana, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. archana

    archana Guest

    Hi all,

    I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
    i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
    i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
    method of javascript.

    Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
    calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.

    One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
    control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
    calener control IE open new page with error and
    'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
    displayed in address bar.

    I don' know why this is happenin.

    can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems

    thanks in advance.
    archana, Jul 10, 2007

  2. On Jul 10, 3:08 pm, archana <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
    > i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
    > i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
    > method of javascript.
    >
    > Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
    > calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.
    >
    > One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
    > control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
    > calener control IE open new page with error and
    > 'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
    > displayed in address bar.
    >
    > I don' know why this is happenin.
    >
    > can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    It's hard to say without seeing a code.

    Take a look the following article, it describe the calendar in
    window.showModalDialog
    http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Calendar.asp

    Hope this helps
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 10, 2007

  3. archana

    MG Guest

    what you can do is right a javascript function in the parent page .

    use the ' window.opener.functionname(var datestring ) ' to invoke the
    parent page function from popup of calendar.

    the parent page function would assign the value of the variable to the
    textbox control.

    hope this helps you
    murtaza.
    MG, Jul 11, 2007
  4. archana

    Masudur Guest

    On Jul 10, 7:08 pm, archana <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to open one page without navigating user to another page. What
    > i am having is having aspx page having calender control.this aspx page
    > i am showing to user when user want to set date usig windows.open
    > method of javascript.
    >
    > Here i am facing one problem that is how to setvalue selected in
    > calender cotrol in text box of parent withdow.
    >
    > One more thing when i use window.showmodaldialog and click on calender
    > control its not working. Every time when i click on any date of
    > calener control IE open new page with error and
    > 'javascrpit:_dopostback(calender1,'some int value')) is getting
    > displayed in address bar.
    >
    > I don' know why this is happenin.
    >
    > can anyone help me in solving above mention 2 problems
    >
    > thanks in advance.

    Hi,

    Okay to stop opening new window... from modal dialog... you got to set
    basetarget to self............ in you page's head meta

    <base target="_self" />

    Thanks
    Md. Masudur Rahman (Munna)
    kaz Software Ltd.