Windows port redirection

Discussion in 'C++' started by Dustin, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Dustin

    Dustin Guest

    I am trying to connect a camera through my router to put up onto a
    website. The camera (even after a firmware update) starts to get
    funny when i try to watch the video feed from above the router
    (outside my network). After spending a couple of days trying to
    correct this i decided that the easiest way to get the camera to work
    would be to redirect a connection through a computer and then to the
    camera. I decided to do some research on how to redirect ports on
    windows but found nothing. Everything about port redirection was
    using linux. I tried a bunch of search engienes and I even went
    through the whole microsoft website looking for help, but found
    nothing. I have a pretty good idea how windows (Im using 98) port
    connections work and how to use them, so ive decided to try and make a
    program that would redirect the port myself but am still a little
    unclear on how to do this. If anyone knows a simplier way to redrect
    ports on windows 98, the help would be greatly appreciated.

    -- the only computer thats online 24/7 is windows98

    =Dustin

    Dustin, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Dustin

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 19 Aug 2003 16:40:02 -0700, (Dustin) wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > I am trying to connect a camera through my router to put up onto a
    > website. The camera (even after a firmware update) starts to get
    > funny when i try to watch the video feed from above the router
    > (outside my network). After spending a couple of days trying to
    > correct this i decided that the easiest way to get the camera to work
    > would be to redirect a connection through a computer and then to the
    > camera. I decided to do some research on how to redirect ports on
    > windows but found nothing. Everything about port redirection was
    > using linux. I tried a bunch of search engienes and I even went
    > through the whole microsoft website looking for help, but found
    > nothing. I have a pretty good idea how windows (Im using 98) port
    > connections work and how to use them, so ive decided to try and make a
    > program that would redirect the port myself but am still a little
    > unclear on how to do this. If anyone knows a simplier way to redrect
    > ports on windows 98, the help would be greatly appreciated.
    >

    > -- the only computer thats online 24/7 is windows98
    >

    > =Dustin

    What's your question about the C++ programming language?

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Dustin wrote:

    > I am trying to connect a camera through my router to put up onto a
    > website. The camera (even after a firmware update) starts to get
    > funny when i try to watch the video feed from above the router
    > (outside my network). After spending a couple of days trying to
    > correct this i decided that the easiest way to get the camera to work
    > would be to redirect a connection through a computer and then to the
    > camera. I decided to do some research on how to redirect ports on
    > windows but found nothing. Everything about port redirection was
    > using linux. I tried a bunch of search engienes and I even went
    > through the whole microsoft website looking for help, but found
    > nothing. I have a pretty good idea how windows (Im using 98) port
    > connections work and how to use them, so ive decided to try and make a
    > program that would redirect the port myself but am still a little
    > unclear on how to do this. If anyone knows a simplier way to redrect
    > ports on windows 98, the help would be greatly appreciated.

    I am unable to locate a C++ question in your post. Perhaps you have the
    wrong group? Please re-read the welcome message, paying particular
    attention to the section on topicality. You seem to have missed it the
    first time through, somehow.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Dustin

    Greg P. Guest

    "Jack Klein" <> wrote in message
    | What's your question about the C++ programming language?

    It seems that people think that programmers know *everything* about
    computers just because they can write executables and can thus offer help on
    *everything*. This is not always the case.

    It's like asking a group of die-hard (original crew) Star Trek fans why
    Gandalf the White doesn't remember who he once was. (Of course they may be
    hard-core nerds and answer). The point is that the question is irrelevant to
    Star Trek. Thus your camera question is irrelevant to C++.

    Greg P., Aug 20, 2003
  5. Dustin

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    Greg P. wrote:

    > "Jack Klein" <> wrote in message
    > | What's your question about the C++ programming language?
    >
    > It seems that people think that programmers know *everything* about
    > computers just because they can write executables and can thus offer
    > help on *everything*. This is not always the case.
    >
    > It's like asking a group of die-hard (original crew) Star Trek fans
    > why Gandalf the White doesn't remember who he once was. (Of course
    > they may be hard-core nerds and answer). The point is that the
    > question is irrelevant to Star Trek. Thus your camera question is
    > irrelevant to C++.

    That posting looks so off-topic to me that I doubt that the OP intended
    to post to comp.lang.c++. Maybe he just "hit the wrong button".

    Rolf Magnus, Aug 20, 2003