    after. Anyone know where I can find the info I need to get going?

    I'm an experienced java developer, so a shove in the right direction
    should be all I need! Thanks in advance.
    Gabstar, Jul 7, 2006

  2. Gabstar

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Gabstar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to write a java program to run on windows that will be able
    > to read from / write to the phonebook on my Motorola V3. I've tried
    > searching the web (and of course the Motorola site), but I can't quite
    > find what I'm looking for - I keep coming up with J2ME references, but
    > since I don't want anything that runs on the phone, that's not what I'm
    > after. Anyone know where I can find the info I need to get going?
    >
    > I'm an experienced java developer, so a shove in the right direction
    > should be all I need! Thanks in advance.

    How is the phone going to connect to the computer? USB? Bluetooth?
    Something else?

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Gabstar

    Gabstar Guest

    > How is the phone going to connect to the computer? USB? Bluetooth?
    > Something else?

    Probably USB (I think I have a cable lying around somewhere...).

    But in any case, I didn't think it would matter on the connection
    method - maybe I'm wrong about that?
    Gabstar, Jul 7, 2006
  4. Gabstar

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Gabstar" <> wrote in message

    >> How is the phone going to connect to the computer? USB? Bluetooth?
    >> Something else?

    > Probably USB (I think I have a cable lying around somewhere...).
    >
    > But in any case, I didn't think it would matter on the connection
    > method - maybe I'm wrong about that?

    When you connect the phone to the computer via the USB cable, the phone
    will expose itself as some sort of device (perhaps a universal mass storage
    device, for example). This device will have a certain API. You'll have to
    look through that API to find out if it exposes the info you want (i.e.
    address book info), and then access that info from your Java program.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Jul 7, 2006