windows question: default click action points to wrong python version

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Nov 21, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    Hi,

    I installed python 2.6 and python 2.7 on a windows 7 machine.

    At the moment Python 2.7 is the interpreter being used if I 'start' a
    python script without explicit interpreter.

    I always thought, that 'repairing' Python 2.6 (reinstalling it) would
    set the default settings back to Python 2.6.

    I also see with assoc / ftypes, that python 2.6. has now been configured
    as default.

    However when I click on a script it is still started with 2.7.
    (even after a full restart of the machine)

    This is really surprising to me.
    I thought ftype is the command to change file associations.

    What am I missing?
    Gelonida N, Nov 21, 2012

  2. Gelonida N

    Tim Golden Guest

    Re: windows question: default click action points to wrong pythonversion

    On 21/11/2012 20:53, Tony the Tiger wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:23:00 +0100, Gelonida N wrote:
    >
    >> What am I missing?

    > The PATH environment variable?

    Nope. PATH doesn't affect either double-clicking or running a .py file
    on the command line (unless, obviously, you run it by typing "python
    myscript.py").

    TJG
    Tim Golden, Nov 21, 2012