    there a particular setup procedure that needs to be done for Windows Server
    2000 to enable CDO to work properly?

    Many many thanks!!

    Awana Fuqu, Oct 25, 2005

  2. In article <6Cx7f.12$>, says...

    >Will CDO work under Windows Server 2000? I'm guessing it will. The problem is
    >that I wrote a nice little ASP app under Windows Server 2003 which works
    >REALLY well. Sends out the email with NO problem. 'Course, it uses an
    >external SMTP server, but I'm assuming this shouldn't matter, right?.
    >Because when I port it over to Windows Server 2000, it blows right past it.

    Is
    >there a particular setup procedure that needs to be done for Windows Server
    >2000 to enable CDO to work properly?
    >
    >Many many thanks!!

    BTW, PLEASE FORGIVE THE PROFANE USER NAME!!! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!

    Code Toad Marky, Oct 25, 2005

  3. Awana Fuqu

    Mark Schupp Guest

    remove any "on error resume next" statements to see if you are getting an
    error.
    Do you have the SMTP service installed on the win2000 system (CDO is
    installed with it)?
    Does the win2000 system have permission to send mail to the external SMTP
    server?

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, Oct 26, 2005