windows server 2003 deployment

EricJ

Hi all,

I'm having problems deploying my asp.NET site to a windows server 2003.
Deploying on a 2000 server or an xp pro never gave me any problems but now
im stuck.

I used a web setup to deploy the application, installed fine, all the web
service extensions are allowed, i gave the application all the permissions i
could find (i know isn't good for security but i'm trying to get this to
work).
When i try to browse the application from IIS i get a 404.

It's probably a security issue but it's my first 2003 server deployment and
i don't have a clue.

Any help, suggestions, links are welcome

Tnx in advance

Eric Juchtmans

Martin Dechev

Hi, Eric Juchtmans,

You should enable ASP.NET on a Windows 2003. By default they are disabled.
It is recommended to use the wizard to configure Server Roles instead of
installing IIS components directly from the Control Panel -> Add or Remove
Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components applet.

Hope this helps
Martin

EricJ

tnx

i got it running (some security probs remaining but i'm confident that ill
get those working)

ASP.NET was indead the problem.

eric