Windows Server 2003 SP1 and VS Studio 2003 installation program

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeremy Holt, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. Jeremy Holt

    Jeremy Holt Guest

    Hi,

    Our web server located at our ISP provides us with a number of websites.
    The Default Site (All Unassigned)
    WebServer1 99,99,99,100
    WebServer2 99.99.99.101
    WebServer3 99.99.99.102

    I have an asp.net application for which I create a setup program with
    VirtualDirectory = \MyVirtualDirectory, Port:80. I upload this to our remote
    server and run the Setup program on the local machine using Terminal Server.

    Until this evening when I installed Windows Server 2003 SP1, the application
    would correctly install itself to WebServer2, i.e.
    http://WebServer2/MyVirtualDirectory.

    However, since upgrading to SP1, the setup application insists on installing
    itself to the Default Site, i.e. to http://localhost/MyVirtualDirectory.

    Obviously, at some time in the distant past, I made some change to IIS 6.0
    to make the setup application install itself to WebServer2, but I cannot for
    the life of me remember what it was :)

    This has now become extremely urgent, and I would really appreciate any
    advice.

    Many thanks in advance
    Jeremy Holt

    Jeremy Holt, Apr 1, 2005