    from an ASP.NET page.

    Thanks

    M.A.

    Maury, Jun 23, 2005

  2. yes it is

    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/Jan/UsingIndexServer.asp

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    ASP.NET MVP
    Microsoft Regional Director

    John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\), Jun 23, 2005

  3. Maury

    Maury Guest

    > http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Code/2004/Jan/UsingIndexServer.asp

    Ok, this is very very interesting
    I have another question:
    I can use this solution
    only on a intranet or housing server, because I have to
    stop services, creating catalog, etc.
    I'm looking for a tool or tech to perform a document research
    (doc, pdf and so on) on a hosted site, do you know something
    that can help me?

    Thanks

    M.A.

    Maury, Jun 24, 2005
  4. If your hosting service does not provide access to index server catalogues
    then there have been a number of small systems written in asp.net that do
    some form of searching.

    http://www.developerfusion.com/show/4389/

    for example whihc you could probably use.

    or if your site is small (50 pages) then zoom is free and can search doc pdf
    etc and can be integrated into asp.net

    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/aspdotnet.html

    I've not tried any of these solutions as yet.

    John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\), Jun 24, 2005