windows sound

Ernest Ellingson

I'm stuggling a little bit with playing a large .wav file. It's a
message from my VOIP provider. I received it through an email. It
plays fine with Windows Media Player, but will not play with
win32-sound. I've also tried using dl and both sndPlaySound and
PlaySound in the winmm.dll. They don't play it either. All of the calls
to win32-sound,sndPlaySound and PlaySound play simple wav files like
tada.wav.

Do you know of an interface to the Media Player? Or how Sound can be
coerced to play a large file?

Thanks in Advance

Ernie

Chris Pine

Do you know of an interface to the Media Player? Or how Sound can be
coerced to play a large file?

I'm not sure what you're ultimately trying to do, but when I want to
control media playback from Ruby on windows, I usually use mplayer.=20
It's easy, and mplayer has a ton of commandline options.

But, like I said, I'm not really sure what you're trying to do...