    dropdown box content was based on a database.

    Hope you might help me.
    , May 3, 2006

  2. __/ [ ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 03:53 \__

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
    > bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
    > dropdown box content was based on a database.
    >
    > Hope you might help me.

    Create a function as follows:

    ,----[ JS Code ]
    | function add_status()
    | {
    | window.status = "Hello World"
    | }
    `----

    Now add an argument:

    ,----[ JS Code ]
    | function add_status(string)
    | {
    | window.status = string
    | }
    `----

    (not tested, so assume syntax to be more like pseudo-code)

    From the drop down menu, use the function to grab the entry (as in manu item)
    string and pass it using add_status(menu_item). I believe it doesn't get any
    more complex than that.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    PS - The JavaScript newsgroup(s) may be more suitable for this question.

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE GNU/Linux ¦ PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, May 3, 2006

  3. Dan Guest

    wrote:

    > I want to write some text on the IE status bar

    But what about users who are using a *better* browser?

    --
    Dan
    Dan, May 3, 2006
  4. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
    > bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
    > dropdown box content was based on a database.

    As you might see elsewhere around here, stop wanting that. The statusbar
    is mine! (-as a visitor) and I'll brook no interference with it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 3, 2006