Windows Status from Dropdown Box

mponteres

Hi!

I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
dropdown box content was based on a database.

Hope you might help me.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ (e-mail address removed) ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 03:53 \__
Hi!

I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
dropdown box content was based on a database.

Hope you might help me.

Create a function as follows:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status()
| {
| window.status = "Hello World"
| }
`----

Now add an argument:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status(string)
| {
| window.status = string
| }
`----

(not tested, so assume syntax to be more like pseudo-code)

From the drop down menu, use the function to grab the entry (as in manu item)
string and pass it using add_status(menu_item). I believe it doesn't get any
more complex than that.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - The JavaScript newsgroup(s) may be more suitable for this question.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (e-mail address removed) vouchsafed:
Hi!

I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
dropdown box content was based on a database.

As you might see elsewhere around here, stop wanting that. The statusbar
is mine! (-as a visitor) and I'll brook no interference with it.