Windows success, KDE failure

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MartinRinehart@gmail.com, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I've got the formal syntax of the Python language defined in HTML/
    Javascript, at
    http://www.MartinRinehart.com/articles/python-grammar.html

    It's got a little top frame that shows a single definition. When you
    click on a defined term in the definition (right side) part of the
    main frame, the main frame moves that term to top in itself and also
    pops it into the top frame, via this little bit of JavaScript:

    <script type='text/javascript'>

    function jump( defName ) {

    url = '#'+defName
    parent.list.location=url
    jumpUrl = "python-grammar2.html" + url
    parent.jump.location=jumpUrl

    } // end of jump()

    </script>

    Problem is that this fails in Konqueror, which is generally an
    excellent (Opera-quality) browser. The top frame, "jump" ignores the
    '#xxx' part of the URL and just shows the top of the page.

    Any ideas?

    , Mar 5, 2008

  2. MartinRinehart wrote:

    > Problem is that this fails in Konqueror, which is generally an excellent
    > (Opera-quality) browser. The top frame, "jump" ignores the '#xxx' part
    > of the URL and just shows the top of the page.

    Seems to work fine here (Konq 3.5.9).

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 36 days, 16:41.]

    Bottled Water
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/

    Toby A Inkster, Mar 6, 2008

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > Seems to work fine here (Konq 3.5.9).

    Thanks, Toby. I guess I need to upgrade my 3.3.

    , Mar 6, 2008