Windows - validation required - How do we do similar things from ASP

Garry

re: Windows - validation required

We need to develop an ASP page which is similar to Windows, when it
says "Validation required", and you click on the CONTINUE button. It
then downloads a dll, which I beleive does a scan of your local drive
to determine that you have a legimate version of Windows.

We need to do a similar thing - download a dll, which will read a
various local files an on the c: drive, and pass information back to
the server.

Any suggestions please.

bruce barker

you need to write an active/x control, mark it safe for scripting, and
have it signed. for non ie browsers you need to write a plugin.

you could also just give a link to an exe the users download and run.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Garry

Bruce -
thanks for your reply

what do you mean by 'have it signed' and 'mark it safe for scripting'?
are there any samples that you know of?

garry