    various local files an on the c: drive, and pass information back to
    the server.

    Any suggestions please.

    Garry, Jul 24, 2007

  2. Garry

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: Windows - validation required - How do we do similar things fromASP

    you need to write an active/x control, mark it safe for scripting, and
    have it signed. for non ie browsers you need to write a plugin.

    you could also just give a link to an exe the users download and run.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 24, 2007

  3. Garry

    Garry Guest

    Bruce -
    thanks for your reply

    what do you mean by 'have it signed' and 'mark it safe for scripting'?
    are there any samples that you know of?

    garry

    Garry, Jul 25, 2007