Windows x64

SMMT

HI,

I'm using Java SDK 1.4.2_05 in a windows 2000 pc.
When I downloaded the SDK , in Sun's site is a SDK for Windows x64. I
consulted My Computer | properties and my windows is a x64. Should I change
to the x64 SDK or can I use the normal one without any risk ?
(I also instaled the normal JRE that cames with the SDK)

Liz

SMMT said:
HI,

I'm using Java SDK 1.4.2_05 in a windows 2000 pc.
When I downloaded the SDK , in Sun's site is a SDK for Windows x64. I
consulted My Computer | properties and my windows is a x64. Should I change
to the x64 SDK or can I use the normal one without any risk ?
(I also instaled the normal JRE that cames with the SDK)

My guess (note: guess) is that if you don't have a special 64 version of
windows
that the normal sdk would work. BTW what sort of computer is it?
And is it expensive?

Roedy Green

My guess (note: guess) is that if you don't have a special 64 version of
windows
that the normal sdk would work. BTW what sort of computer is it?
And is it expensive?

What is this 64 version? Is there a Win2k for some 64bit chip now?
do you have an Opteron, Power PC or Itanium?

Liz

Roedy Green said:
What is this 64 version? Is there a Win2k for some 64bit chip now?
do you have an Opteron, Power PC or Itanium?

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition is designed to address the most demanding needs of
technical workstation users who require large amounts of memory and floating
point performance in areas such as mechanical design and analysis, digital
content creation and scientific and high-performance computing applications.

System Requirements:

a.. PC with an AMD Athlon64 or Opteron processor
b.. 256MB RAM
c.. 1.5GB available hard-disk space
d.. Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution video card
e.. CD-ROM or DVD drive
f.. Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Important: Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems is only
compatible with 64-bit AMD Opteron- or Athlon 64-based computers. It cannot
be successfully installed on 64-bit Intel Itanium-based systems.