Windows XP and perl

Amy G

I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

Mike Simone

Amy G said:
I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

Amy G -

I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
the download from ActiveState at
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl.
But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
(or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
okay.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mike Simone

Amy G

Both the Win98 download and the NT download give me an error message:

"Wrong OS or OS version for application."

Any ideas?

Amy G

Problem solved.

Mike Simone said:
"Amy G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Amy G -

I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
the download from ActiveState at
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl.
But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
(or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
okay.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Mike Simone

Nick Santos

Amy G said:
Problem solved.

Neither

I'm running XP (pro) and installed perl. It works beautifully. The only
configuration I had to do was with my web server.
-Nick