    Amy G Guest

    I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
    the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?
    Amy G, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Amy G

    Mike Simone Guest

    "Amy G" <> wrote in message news:<arByb.23699$9O5.635@fed1read06>...
    > I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows. Neither of
    > the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

    Amy G -

    I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
    the download from ActiveState at
    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl.
    But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
    path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
    You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
    and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
    (or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
    okay.

    Good luck.

    Sincerely,

    Mike Simone
    Mike Simone, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Amy G

    Amy G Guest

    Both the Win98 download and the NT download give me an error message:

    "Wrong OS or OS version for application."

    Any ideas?

    Amy G, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Amy G

    Amy G Guest

    Problem solved.

    Amy G, Dec 1, 2003
  5. Amy G

    Nick Santos Guest

    "Amy G" <> wrote in message
    > Problem solved.
    >
    > "Mike Simone" <> wrote in message
    > > "Amy G" <> wrote in message

    > > > I looked at perl.com and tried to install the perl for windows.

    Neither
    > of
    > > > the Win98 nor the NT version worked... Is there support under XP?

    > > Amy G -
    > >
    > > I had some problems with getting Perl to run under XP as well. I used
    > > the download from ActiveState at

    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl.
    > > But the part I missed the first time around was adding to perl to my
    > > path variable. Right-click on My Computer, and choose Properties.
    > > You'll have to make your way through Advanced, Environment Variables,
    > > and System Variables to get to the Path statement. Add c:\perl\bin
    > > (or whatever is appropriate for your installation) and you should be
    > > okay.
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > >
    > > Mike Simone

    > I'm running XP (pro) and installed perl. It works beautifully. The only

    configuration I had to do was with my web server.
    -Nick
    Nick Santos, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Amy G

    Mike Simone Guest

    "Amy G" <> wrote in message news:<VvQyb.24994$9O5.12764@fed1read06>...
    > Problem solved.

    <snip>

    Amy G -

    What was the issue? I'm a total newbie, so any info is appreciated...

    Sincerely,

    Mike Simone
    Mike Simone, Dec 3, 2003