Windows XP and Visual Studio Remote Debugging

Web Team @ Borough of Poole

Hi,

Our team has just upgraded our development machines from Windows 2000
to Windows XP SP2. We previously developed remotely, which worked AOK.
Since going to SP2, when we try to debug, we get this error:

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
web server. The debugger component on the server failed to connect to
the local machine."

Anyone else had this? Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Simon.

Web Team @ Borough of Poole

Thanks - I found this thread earlier...
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mi...emote+debugging&rnum=4&hl=en#a1d516020756436b

Quick summary of the above:
- dcomcnfg.exe -> Component Services -> Computers -> My Computer ->
Properties -> COM Security -> Access Permissions -> Edit Limits.
- Grant remote access to ANONYMOUS LOGON.
- Doesn't make sense cos out of the box EVERYONE is granted both local
and remote permissions in Edit Limits.