Windows XP Balloon Tips?

Daniel Bickett

Hi,

The truth is I despise windows xp balloon tips. Well, not so much the
balloon tips, but how they're used by the operating system: like I
need my system tray to tell me when there are "unused icons" on my
desktop, or that "local disk" has less than 200 mb of free space. But
I digress

I liked the way GTray told me when I had new mail using the balloon
tip, and so when I replicated the program in python for use with
Private Messages on message boards, I naturally was interested in how
to achieve the same result.

I've searched comp.lang.python, google, the python chm, and the python
for windows chm, and none of them have yielded a single result.
When the Python for Windows docs didn't have anything I figured it
just wasn't possible yet, but I decided to ask here anyway. So, does
anyone know of a way to use the Windows XP Balloon Tip feature with
python? (namely wxPython, considering that's the GUI I use)

Thanks for your time,
Daniel Bickett