    It seems that VS 2005 have built in ASP Server, to parse the ASP.NET page,
    but this feature is not available in VS 2003.

    So how do I display ASP.NET (.aspx) pages ??

    Arsalan, Apr 25, 2006

  2. For 2003, you will need IIS. IIS is no longer available for download as it
    is part of the OS.

    IIS 4 was the last version of IIS that was available for download. Since the
    advent of Windows 2000, IIS has been part of the OS & is NOT available for
    download.

    Swanand Mokashi, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Well, if you don't want to move to 2005 (with the free Visual Web Developer
    Express that does have built-in web server, try downloading the Cassini Web
    Server:

    http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

    it can run ASP.NET and works off of XP Home I think.

    Karl

    P.S. - I'd encourage you to move to 2005 though :)

    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/
    http://www.fuelindustries.com/

    Karl Seguin [MVP], Apr 25, 2006
  4. install cassini from www.asp.net, or mono

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \( MVP \), Apr 25, 2006
  5. You can download cassini, ( the web server built into VS 2005) as a
    standalone program from here

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=, Apr 25, 2006
  6. Try downloading and running Web Matrix, which *does* have an internal web server.

    Download it at :

    http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/

    You should, however, upgrade to -at least- XP Pro.
    XP Home isn't a web development platform.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 25, 2006