WindowsIdentity... ASP.NET and Remoting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rn_von_Holten?=, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Hi,
    I have a 3-tier application design. Those tiers might all run on
    different computers (windows plattform but not necessarily W2k), so
    I use .NET remoting to connect them. All three parts require a login
    and use sessions. So far everything works quite fine.

    Now I want to use the ASP.NET 2.0 features with sessions and windows
    autentification OPTIONALLY to the normal login (user, password). This
    shall work on the same login screen: if the windows user working with
    the IE (or Firefox or ...) and he/she is a acceptable user on all (!!!)
    other tiers systems he/she shall get a login-as-windowsuser button.

    a) is there a way to do this on ONE page - yes I can try to check in
    as windows user first and branch to different websites if this works
    or not and just ignore the pop-up-window under Firefox et al..

    b) how can I transfer the WindowsIdentity via remoting and (most
    important) validate them there, as I do not want to see any hackers
    inside; those who might modify the WindowsIdentity or just construct
    some on their own. If I try to transfer it, I get some complaints about
    problems to impersonate the contained token.

    any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

    Joern

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rn_von_Holten?=, Apr 13, 2005