WindowsIdentity.AuthenticationType returns ""

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by steve baker, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. steve baker

    steve baker Guest

    In the global.Application_AuthenticateRequest event I
    check the Context.User.Identity.AuthenticationType to see
    if our Application is using Windows Integrated security
    or Forms. This worked great on a Windows 2000 Server,
    however on a 2003 server, when accessing the web
    application from the localhost, the AuthenticationType
    returns an empty string. Note that the isAuthenticated
    method is returning True.

    Is there a change in the integrated security for 2003
    server.

    Context:

    Anonymous access is disabled
    Windows Integrated is enabled
    Context.User.Identity.isAuthenticated = True
    Context.User.Identity.AuthenticationType = ""

    steve baker, Jul 16, 2003