WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Roger, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Roger

    Roger Guest

    I have a desktop and laptop for development.

    Both are xps and both are sp2 and both are update to date with security
    patches.

    On my desktop when I run the LogonUser api function call. It will create a
    windowsidentity object and whom I am attemptting to log in as, but if I look
    in command window and type "WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" the name property
    is null

    But, if I step through the same thing on my laptop, the
    WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" returns the user I am logging in as.

    Looked at the personal web setting and they are exactly the same. What might
    I have differently setup on my desktop compared to my laptop.

    This is what is return in the name property of the
    WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent():

    Name: <error: an exception of type: {System.ApplicationException} occurred>

    And on the laptop, yea you can say it returns the form authentication users
    identity.

    Talked to another developer and he thinks my vs version is bad and needs to
    be reinstalled.

    Do you have any ideas?

    Roger, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Roger

    Mike Brind Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXI=?= <> wrote in

    > I have a desktop and laptop for development.
    >
    > Both are xps and both are sp2 and both are update to date with
    > security patches.
    >
    > On my desktop when I run the LogonUser api function call. It will
    > create a windowsidentity object and whom I am attemptting to log in
    > as, but if I look in command window and type
    > "WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" the name property is null
    >
    > But, if I step through the same thing on my laptop, the
    > WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" returns the user I am logging in as.
    >

    > Looked at the personal web setting and they are exactly the same. What
    > might I have differently setup on my desktop compared to my laptop.
    >
    > This is what is return in the name property of the
    > WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent():
    >
    > Name: <error: an exception of type: {System.ApplicationException}
    > occurred>
    > And on the laptop, yea you can say it returns the form authentication
    > users identity
    >
    > Talked to another developer and he thinks my vs version is bad and
    > needs to be reinstalled.
    >
    > Do you have any ideas?

    This news group is for classic ASP. Is this an ASP.NET question? If
    so, it's an entirely different technology, and you are more likely to
    get relevant help over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Apr 13, 2006