WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()

Roger

I have a desktop and laptop for development.

Both are xps and both are sp2 and both are update to date with security
patches.

On my desktop when I run the LogonUser api function call. It will create a
windowsidentity object and whom I am attemptting to log in as, but if I look
in command window and type "WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" the name property
is null

But, if I step through the same thing on my laptop, the
WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent()" returns the user I am logging in as.

Looked at the personal web setting and they are exactly the same. What might
I have differently setup on my desktop compared to my laptop.

This is what is return in the name property of the
WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent():

Name: <error: an exception of type: {System.ApplicationException} occurred>

And on the laptop, yea you can say it returns the form authentication users
identity.

Talked to another developer and he thinks my vs version is bad and needs to
be reinstalled.

Do you have any ideas?

Mike Brind

[...]

This news group is for classic ASP. Is this an ASP.NET question? If
so, it's an entirely different technology, and you are more likely to
get relevant help over at microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.