Winform Application Configuration Deleted by Application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by lhak, Oct 24, 2004.

  1. lhak

    lhak Guest

    Hi all,

    I've written a small Winform application called 'myCustomTraceSwitch' that
    runs fine without using a configuration file. I created a configuration file
    (XML) to include trace switches and save it as
    'myCustomeTraceSwitch.exe.config'. I then put this configuration file in the
    \bin folder of the application.

    The problem is that everytime I debug 'myCustomTraceSwitch', the
    configuration file 'myCustomTraceSwitch.exe.config' gets deleted/overwritten
    by the EXE assembly that myCustomTraceSwitch generates i.e
    myCustomTraceSwitch.exe.config disappears from the \bin folder

    Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?.

    Thanks in advance.

    LH

    lhak, Oct 24, 2004