wininet and ASP.NET server controls

Jack Gibson

I need to connect to an ASP.NET webpage that contains an <input type=file
runat=server> component. The catch is that I must use a non dot-net
solution on the client side. I've done similar things many times in non
dot-net sites, but they typically used regular html-based <input type=file>
controls. Which is to say I know how to add http headers to set the
appropriate content-type, content-disposition, mime boundaries, etc.

However, with the runat=server attribute set, I'm at a loss about how to
get the data populated into the control correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack