WinXP German and English .NET Framework

Eric

Hi,

Normally I'm developing evertime with the english versions of Win, VS.NET,
..NET etc.

But know I have a german Win XP SP1 with IIS 5.1 installed.

Anyway I would like to develop with english versions.
Because of that I installed the english version of VS.NET.

My question now:
How I tell Win / .NET Framework that it should show me the english error
messages with ASP.NET?
In the IE, I get always german error messages and I hate that ;-)

I removed the german language pack for .NET, but still in german.

Thanks
Eric

[MSFT]

Hi Eric,

The encoding of ASP.NET response is based on your request's encoding. Since
your client is German Windows XP and IE, the request will be german, so
that ASP.NET will return german information. To change this, You can:

1. change the client's Reginal and languge settings in control panel.
2. On the server side, set <globalization> Element in web.config. For
detail, you may take a look at following article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpgenref/ht
ml/gngrfglobalizationsection.asp

Luke
Microsoft Online Support