WinZip/Other Alternative?

James Baker

I'm using ASP and I need to generate a ZIP file that contains a list of
files that I'm pulling from a database. I've determined WinZip's command
line parameters so that I can use it, the problem is I'm unsure how to run
WinZip on the server.

Set WshShell = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run("c:\winzip.exe")

Assuming this would work, how do I get the process to terminate upon
completion? I can't have 20-30 WinZip applications running on the server, I
need it to handle what I send to it and then close. Maybe I'm taking the
entirely wrong approach here. Any help would be appreciated.

James