    know that VXML and voice (eg Internet phones) were hailed as the next big
    thing about two years ago, before the US recession hit. I know you can phone
    very cheaply via the Internet (yahoo offers this).

    Trevor Oakley, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Trevor Oakley

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:t_ZIb.807$>
    Trevor Oakley said:

    > Are there impacts for HTML if access is done via a phone, PDA, similar
    > devices?

    yes, many. the device may not even support html.

    > I have heard that the HTML and site have to be more text based with a very
    > limited download time.

    thats just common sense.

    > I have been trying to find out more,

    WAP/WML/imode/SMS FAQ
    http://www.thewirelessfaq.com/

    --
    brucie
    02/January/2004 08:31:28 am kilo

    brucie, Jan 1, 2004

  3. "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post <news:t_ZIb.807$>
    > Trevor Oakley said:
    >
    > > Are there impacts for HTML if access is done via a phone, PDA, similar
    > > devices?

    > yes, many. the device may not even support html.
    >
    > > I have heard that the HTML and site have to be more text based with a

    very
    > > limited download time.

    > thats just common sense.

    No not common sense: they are working on wireless broadband.

    Trevor Oakley, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Trevor Oakley

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:54:36 -0000, "Trevor Oakley"
    <> wrote:

    >No not common sense: they are working on wireless broadband.

    Not to be too anal incase you meant this... but they already have
    wireless broadband - or a lot broader than what you get today. The
    cost factor is slowing the implementation but it will be here
    sooner or later.

    However, since the display device will continue to have very unique
    needs, a good designer is thinking of server based filtering for
    wireless customers. Look into XML / WML.

    Bob, Jan 3, 2004