Wireless and HTML

Trevor Oakley

CNBC, a US business news network, carry a lot of tech stories since the big
earning stocks are tech ones in the last few years. CNBC is featuring on a
lot of direct IP communications and wireless.

Are there impacts for HTML if access is done via a phone, PDA, similar
devices?

I have heard that the HTML and site have to be more text based with a very
limited download time.

I have been trying to find out more, but I have not found much material. I
know that VXML and voice (eg Internet phones) were hailed as the next big
thing about two years ago, before the US recession hit. I know you can phone
very cheaply via the Internet (yahoo offers this).

Trevor Oakley

brucie said:
yes, many. the device may not even support html.

thats just common sense.

No not common sense: they are working on wireless broadband.

Bob

No not common sense: they are working on wireless broadband.

Not to be too anal incase you meant this... but they already have
wireless broadband - or a lot broader than what you get today. The
cost factor is slowing the implementation but it will be here
sooner or later.

However, since the display device will continue to have very unique
needs, a good designer is thinking of server based filtering for
wireless customers. Look into XML / WML.