    be ok as long as they are experts in this.

    Please help.
    Chris D.
    Chris Davoli, Dec 6, 2003

  2. > I have a requirement to create some mobile pages in .net
    > and there needs to be a paqe that gets the latitude and
    > longitude using GPS in say a PDA that is GPS enabled and
    > send the web page back to the server so I can get the
    > lat/longitude out of the web page... probably out of
    > server variables and do some processing on these
    > coordinates. I can't find much information on this. Is
    > there any good books on how to get GSP coordinates on
    > a .aspx web page? Also, who at microsoft can I contact
    > about this? Even if I have to pay for support, this would
    > be ok as long as they are experts in this.

    You need to have the user install a custom control of yours on their machine
    first, then visit your pages. The control would read the GPS (usually via
    the serial port) and then would send the data to your server by refreshing
    the page to a new URL that has the GPS data / location as URL parameters.
    Your server will then reply (send a web page) based on the URL params it got
    from that URL.

    so the ASP.net part if only for the final page on the server, the 1st part
    needs an ActiveX control for PocketPC or whatever OS you target (in fact
    forget Palm for that unless you find a way to make plugins for whatever web
    browser Palm uses)

    George Birbilis <>
    + QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
    + Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
    + TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
    http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
    + Robotics
    http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
    George Birbilis, Jan 9, 2004