Wireless Networking

Discussion in 'C++' started by Joe H., Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Joe H.

    Joe H. Guest

    Hi,

    I am using Dell Latitude C840 Laptop, Fedora Core 2.

    Windows device manager says the wireless NIC is Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series
    Wireless LAN, Mini PCI Card.

    I can't get the wireless card to work.

    From what I have read, the required kernel module is "orinoco_cs" which,
    according to lsmod, is installed on my system.

    When I do "Network Configuration"->"New"->"Device Type"->"Wireless
    Connection"->... the orinoco adapter does not appear.

    Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Joe

    Joe H., Jul 4, 2004

  2. Joe H.

    David Harmon Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 13:21:10 -0500 in comp.lang.c++, "Joe H."
    <> wrote,
    >Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

    I suggest you be MUCH more careful of which group you post to.
    Your post has absolutely not the slightest hint of C++ in it.

    See the welcome message posted twice per week in comp.lang.c++ or
    available at http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    David Harmon, Jul 4, 2004