Wireless ... where to start ?

ScOe

I want to develop some applications for my mobile phone ...
i've got java 1.4 and wireless sdk
I'm c/c++/c# programmer ... so java is quite new for me ... is there any
good tutorial on mobile developing ?

Henri

Hi,

I think that first, you should learn JAVA itself, its syntax, etc.
If you know C++ and C#, it shouldn't be difficult.
Try:
http://java.sun.com/docs/

Then you should learn about Java 2 Mobile Edition (J2ME) itself.
Go to:
http://wireless.java.sun.com/

You should then download the your mobile emulator.
For Nokia, go to:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main.html

Finally, you should use an IDE to start programming.
Sun's ONE Studio 4 Update 1, Mobile Edition is great and it's free:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/jde/studio_me/index.html

Hope it helps :)

Henri

then you

Darryl L. Pierce

ScOe said:
I want to develop some applications for my mobile phone ...
i've got java 1.4 and wireless sdk
I'm c/c++/c# programmer ... so java is quite new for me ... is there any
good tutorial on mobile developing ?

Does you phone support the MIDP (the J2ME profile for cell phones)? Which
phone do you have?

As for tutorials, there are quite a few nice ones on Sun's website.