    i've got java 1.4 and wireless sdk
    I'm c/c++/c# programmer ... so java is quite new for me ... is there any
    good tutorial on mobile developing ?

    ScOe, Jul 19, 2003

  2. ScOe

    Henri Guest

    Hi,

    I think that first, you should learn JAVA itself, its syntax, etc.
    If you know C++ and C#, it shouldn't be difficult.
    Try:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/

    Then you should learn about Java 2 Mobile Edition (J2ME) itself.
    Go to:
    http://wireless.java.sun.com/

    You should then download the your mobile emulator.
    For Nokia, go to:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main.html

    Finally, you should use an IDE to start programming.
    Sun's ONE Studio 4 Update 1, Mobile Edition is great and it's free:
    http://wwws.sun.com/software/sundev/jde/studio_me/index.html

    Hope it helps :)

    Henri

    then you

    Henri, Jul 21, 2003

  3. ScOe wrote:

    > I want to develop some applications for my mobile phone ...
    > i've got java 1.4 and wireless sdk
    > I'm c/c++/c# programmer ... so java is quite new for me ... is there any
    > good tutorial on mobile developing ?

    Does you phone support the MIDP (the J2ME profile for cell phones)? Which
    phone do you have?

    As for tutorials, there are quite a few nice ones on Sun's website.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Jul 22, 2003