Wiring events from UserControl in WebForm

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. Hello All:

    I ahve a webform which contains two placeholders. The first placeholder
    contains a user control used for spell checking. When the spell checking is
    done I want the control to "disappear" (i.e. I'll set the placeholder's
    Visible property -> False).

    In the user control, I have a publically declared event,
    SpellCheckingComplete(). I want to use AddHandler to declare a handler for
    the event (i.e AddHandler _spellChecker.SpellCheckingComplete, AddressOf
    SpellCheckingCompleteHandler. The problem is that I can not acess the
    publically defined SpellCheckingComplete event from intellisense (i.e when I
    type _spellChecker. I see the Load, PreRnder, etc, but not
    SpellCheckingComplete).

    Do I need to do something special to wire the event in the user control to a
    method in the webform?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,
    --