    such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.

    Sorry, I just had to say it.

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Sep 28, 2005

  2. On 9/28/05, Robert Klemme <> wrote:

    > It seems to me that we have a significant raise in "newby" posts in the l=

    ast
    > two or three months. This means Ruby's momentum increases and it's
    > attracting more and more people! Folks, this is *great* news! And this =

    is
    > such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.
    >
    > Sorry, I just had to say it.
    >
    > robert

    /me joins the cheering! How could we every complain when we have Ruby?

    Brian.

    Brian Mitchell, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Robert Klemme

    Guest

    Glad to know you guys don't mind our nuby ruby posts! Actually, one of
    the things that I have liked about this group is the relative lack of
    RTFM rude responses! And I hope you are really sincere about dealing
    with more of us - I just disovered Ruby /Rails and have been
    evangelizing like crazy. Heard from one of my friends that a mutual
    friend that I had told about Ruby has been coming down periodically to
    his office to talk about the latest cool thing in the language that he
    had discovered.

    Another reason I like Ruby - used it as a (at least partially
    legitimate) reason with my wife to get a new Powerbook and TextMate!
    Truly programmer heaven.

    Keith

    , Sep 29, 2005
  4. On 9/28/05, Robert Klemme <> wrote:

    > It seems to me that we have a significant raise in "newby" posts in the l=

    ast
    > two or three months. This means Ruby's momentum increases and it's
    > attracting more and more people! Folks, this is *great* news! And this =

    is
    > such a great place to be! I hope, we can keep it like that.
    >
    > Sorry, I just had to say it.
    >
    > robert

    Robert,

    You're one of the people that has made ruby-talk such a great place to be.

    Sorry, I just had to say that (to quote someone :)

    Sean

    Sean O'Halpin, Sep 29, 2005
  5. On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:

    > On 2005-09-28 21:57:46 -0400, ""
    > <> said:
    >

    >> Glad to know you guys don't mind our nuby ruby posts! Actually,
    >> one of
    >> the things that I have liked about this group is the relative lack of
    >> RTFM rude responses!
    >>

    > Check out this page:
    >
    > http://rubygarden.org/ruby?MatzIsNiceAndSoWeAreNice
    >
    > --
    > "And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
    > -Buckaroo Banzai

    I'm new here too and I agree! I've asked questions on less friendly
    lists...
    I guess everyone is in such a good mood because ruby syntax is so nice?
    I bet I won't even get scolded for this "me too" post

    travis laduke, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Robert Klemme

    Jeff Wood Guest

    ------=_Part_453_12139458.1127975862182

    me neither =3D) ( sorry had to chime in ... I do appreciate the chance to p=
    ass
    along what we learn here... )

    j.

    On 9/28/05, travis laduke <> wrote:

    > On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
    >
    > > On 2005-09-28 21:57:46 -0400, ""
    > > <> said:
    > >

    > >> Glad to know you guys don't mind our nuby ruby posts! Actually,
    > >> one of
    > >> the things that I have liked about this group is the relative lack of
    > >> RTFM rude responses!
    > >>

    > > Check out this page:
    > >
    > > http://rubygarden.org/ruby?MatzIsNiceAndSoWeAreNice
    > >
    > > --
    > > "And remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
    > > -Buckaroo Banzai
    > >

    > I'm new here too and I agree! I've asked questions on less friendly
    > lists...
    > I guess everyone is in such a good mood because ruby syntax is so nice?
    > I bet I won't even get scolded for this "me too" post

    --
    "http://ruby-lang.org -- do you ruby?"

    Jeff Wood

    ------=_Part_453_12139458.1127975862182--