Wizard Control in Nested Master Pages - not working properly

Ram

Hi All,

I am using a wizard control in a nested master page. I have added
3 steps in the wizard. I have placed only a single label control in
each of the wizard steps.

While running the application, I am able to navigate to the next
step ( step 1 to step 2) by clicking the next button. But I couldn't
proceed further in step 2. ie On clicking the next button in step 2 ,
step 2 is again loaded and step 3 is not loaded.

One more problem is on clicking the previous button in step 2, I am
getting the following error : "The command 'MovePrevious' is not valid
for the previous step, make sure the step type is not changed between
postbacks".

I need u'r help in solving this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Ram.

Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ASP.NET Wizard Control

Hey Ram

I had “ActiveStepIndex” property set to “0” in the page load event, which caused me the same error when I navigate.

Wrapping them in “IsPostBack” condition solved my issue.

if (! Page.IsPostBack)
Wizard1.ActiveStepIndex = 0;

Hope this gives some clue