Wizard Control in Nested Master Pages - not working properly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ram, Jul 11, 2006.

  1. Ram

    Ram Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using a wizard control in a nested master page. I have added
    3 steps in the wizard. I have placed only a single label control in
    each of the wizard steps.

    While running the application, I am able to navigate to the next
    step ( step 1 to step 2) by clicking the next button. But I couldn't
    proceed further in step 2. ie On clicking the next button in step 2 ,
    step 2 is again loaded and step 3 is not loaded.

    One more problem is on clicking the previous button in step 2, I am
    getting the following error : "The command 'MovePrevious' is not valid
    for the previous step, make sure the step type is not changed between
    postbacks".

    I need u'r help in solving this problem.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Regards,
    Ram.

    Ram, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Ram

    sriram

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    ASP.NET Wizard Control

    Hey Ram

    I had “ActiveStepIndex” property set to “0” in the page load event, which caused me the same error when I navigate.

    Wrapping them in “IsPostBack” condition solved my issue.

    if (! Page.IsPostBack)
    Wizard1.ActiveStepIndex = 0;

    Hope this gives some clue

    sriram, Jul 27, 2007