    --
    Thanks
    Morris
    Morris Neuman, Apr 23, 2009

  2. Hi Morris,

    Based on my understanding, you want to hide default Next Button in Wizard
    control's step. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me
    know.

    There are a couple of ways to set Next Button's Visible. One is using
    Wizard control's templates; another is programmatically locate the button
    and set its property.

    ##Using Wizard control's templates:
    Wizard control contains templates that allow you to customize the look and
    feel. We can convert the steps to StartNavigationTemplate,
    StepNavigationTemplate, FinishNavigationTemplate, etc. If we do so, we can
    set Next Button's Visible property in HTML markup.

    For example, I want to hide the Next Button in first step.
    1. Drag and drop a Wizard control to page
    2. Right click this Wizard control and select "Convert to
    StartNavigationTemplate"
    3. Enter this page's markup Source view and set Visible property to false
    of Button named "StartNextButton" in startnavigationtemplate.

    ##Set Next Button's property programmatically:
    We can set Next Button's property at runtime. To do so, we need to get its
    instance firstly.

    The following example is set Next Button's property at runtime:
    =============================
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

    <script runat="server">

    protected void btnShow1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    //Based on Wizard control's hierarchy,
    "StartNavigationTemplateContainerID$StartNextButton" is the UniqueID of
    Next Button within startnavigationtemplate.
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard1.FindControl("StartNavigationTemplateContainerID$StartNextBut
    ton");
    btn.Visible = true;

    }

    protected void btnHideButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    //Based on Wizard control's hierarchy,
    "StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StartNextButton" is the UniqueID of Next
    Button within stepnavigationtemplate.
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard1.FindControl("StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StepNextButto
    n");
    btn.Visible = false;
    }
    </script>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:wizard ID="Wizard1" runat="server" ActiveStepIndex="0">
    <wizardsteps>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 1">
    <asp:button ID="btnShow1" runat="server"
    OnClick="btnShow1_Click" Text="Show NextButton In Step1" />
    </asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 2">
    <asp:button ID="btnHideButton" runat="server"
    OnClick="btnHideButton_Click" Text="Hide Next Button" />
    </asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 3">
    </asp:wizardstep>
    </wizardsteps>
    <startnavigationtemplate>
    <asp:button ID="StartNextButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" Visible="false" />
    </startnavigationtemplate>
    <stepnavigationtemplate>
    <asp:button ID="StepPreviousButton" runat="server"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious"
    Text="Previous" />
    <asp:button ID="StepNextButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" />
    </stepnavigationtemplate>
    </asp:wizard>
    </form>
    ==========================

    For more information about Wizard Templates, see
    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/wizard.
    aspx

    I look forward to receiving your test results.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Thomas Sun

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    ications.

    With newsgroups, MSDN subscribers enjoy unlimited, free support as opposed
    to the limited number of phone-based technical support incidents. Complex
    issues or server-down situations are not recommended for the newsgroups.
    Issues of this nature are best handled working with a Microsoft Support
    Engineer using one of your phone-based incidents.

    --------------------

    Thomas Sun [MSFT], Apr 24, 2009

  3. Thanks. I used the Wizard control template and was able to hide the Next
    control.

    Is there a way to make the Next button not show only on a specific step but
    show on other steps?
    --
    Thanks
    Morris

    Morris Neuman, Apr 27, 2009
  4. Hi Morris,

    >Thanks. I used the Wizard control template and was able to hide the Next
    >control.
    >
    >Is there a way to make the Next button not show only on a specific step

    but
    >show on other steps?
    >--
    >Thanks
    >Morris

    Thanks for your response.

    As mentioned in my first post, we can set Next Button's Visible in Wizard
    control's templates and programmatically locate the button.

    ## Set specific step's Next button Visible in Wizard's template

    If we use Wizard control template and set Next button's Visible false, all
    the Next buttons in this template will be hided. If we want to only hide
    Next button on specified step, we can move Next button from template to
    step's content.

    For example, there is wizard control with four steps and we try to hide
    Next button in step 3. The step 3 is stepnavigationtemplate so we just need
    convert it to stepnavigationtemplate. The follow is the step:
    1.Drag and drop a Wizard control to page
    2.Right click this Wizard control and select "Convert to
    StepNavigationTemplate"
    3.Enter this page's markup Source view and copy stepnavigationtemplate's
    contents to step2 and step3.
    4.Set Next button's Visible false in step3.
    5.Delete stepnavigationtemplate's contents.

    Then, we will get something like following:
    =============
    <asp:wizard ID="Wizard1" runat="server" ActiveStepIndex="0">
    <wizardsteps>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 1">
    Step 1</asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 2">
    Step 2<br />
    <asp:button ID="StepPreviousButton" runat="server"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious"
    Text="Previous" />
    <asp:button ID="StepNextButton" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" />
    </asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step3">
    Step 3<br />
    <asp:button ID="Button1" runat="server"
    CausesValidation="False" CommandName="MovePrevious"
    Text="Previous" />
    <asp:button ID="Button2" runat="server"
    CommandName="MoveNext" Text="Next" Visible="False" />
    </asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step4">
    Step 4</asp:wizardstep>
    </wizardsteps>
    <stepnavigationtemplate>
    </stepnavigationtemplate>
    </asp:wizard>
    ================
    Note: Please make sure the button's CommandName is right. Wizard control
    uses the CommandName to handle Previous and Next button click event.

    ## Set specific step's Next button Visible property programmatically
    We also can change Next button's Visible in Wizard's OnNextButtonClick or
    OnSideBarButtonClick event for specified step.

    For example, we try to hide step3's Next Button:
    ===============
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

    <script runat="server">

    protected void Wizard2_NextButtonClick(object sender,
    WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
    {
    //Set step3 Next button's Visible false
    if (e.NextStepIndex == 2)
    {
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard2.FindControl("StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StepNextButto
    n");
    btn.Visible = false;

    protected void btnShow1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    //Based on Wizard control's hierarchy,
    "StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StartNextButton" is the UniqueID of Next
    Button within stepnavigationtemplate.
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard2.FindControl("StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StepNextButto
    n");
    btn.Visible = true;
    }

    protected void Wizard2_PreviousButtonClick(object sender,
    WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
    {
    if (e.CurrentStepIndex == 2)
    {
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard2.FindControl("StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StepNextButto
    n");
    btn.Visible = true;

    protected void Wizard2_SideBarButtonClick(object sender,
    WizardNavigationEventArgs e)
    {
    //Set step3 Next button's Visible false
    if (e.NextStepIndex == 2)
    {
    Button btn =
    (Button)Wizard2.FindControl("StepNavigationTemplateContainerID$StepNextButto
    n");
    btn.Visible = false;
    </script>

    <head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:wizard ID="Wizard2" runat="server" ActiveStepIndex="0"
    OnNextButtonClick="Wizard2_NextButtonClick"
    OnPreviousButtonClick="Wizard2_PreviousButtonClick"
    OnSideBarButtonClick="Wizard2_SideBarButtonClick">
    <wizardsteps>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 1">
    Step 1</asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step 2">
    Step 2<br />

    </asp:wizardstep>
    <asp:wizardstep runat="server" Title="Step3">
    Step 3<br />
    &nbsp;<asp:button ID="btnShow1" runat="server"
    OnClick="btnShow1_Click" Text="Show NextButton In Step 3" />
    ==============

    Thomas Sun [MSFT], Apr 28, 2009
  5. Hi Morris,

    I wanted to see if the information provided was helpful. Please keep us
    posted on your progress and let us know if you have any additional
    questions or concerns.

    I am looking forward to your response.

    --
    Best Regards,